Saturday 17 December 2016

Russian Priests, Jagpanthers & TSS hills!

Following a gentle reminder from 'Conrad Kinch' I finally sat down this morning and painted these seven plastic 20mm figures representing Russian Priests and officers from the Crimean War period. To be honest I had sat on these for ages as I just could not down to painting them, but with a few reference images at the ready it was actually quite a speedy job. I'm pleased how they turned out, the combination of black, red, green and gold worked well and the Icons got an impressionistic touch to complete them. They will be winging their way to CK once varnished and packed.






These two Jagpanthers are the latest addition to my German armour collection, Battlefront models and a joy to put together and paint.




And a few (poor quality) shots of my table set up in the wargame room, featuring the newly arrived TSS space saver hill tiles. I may well expand this further with a few more of the hill sections now that I can see what's what! I'm happy with this set up now, just going to re flock the bomb craters to match the overall scheme. I'll be rolling out the T34's and Panzers hopefully in the morning.









I'll write up the game as best I can, I'm mainly focusing on tank action to get a handle on the stats for the various models, I'm familiar with the Tigers and StuG's etc but not yet played the T34's.

Finally for now ........ I'm almost embarrassed to admit that I won the 2nd Armoured dice and token tin! I paid £34.00 for it, a silly price I know but most tins are going for £40.00 upwards as they are out of production. It compliments my US 2nd Armored Division list perfectly though, and I guess it's a collectors price. Pics when it arrives ...... to quote 'Foy' it seems I'm a "dice junkie" now.

13 comments:

  1. Nice pictures and lovely job, love your Russian priests...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh-huh [nods]...

    Let's see - "...I'd be mad to bid again..."

    Well, I'm glad that you won the dice set, but we'll draw a discrete veil over how much your mad maximum bid was. Just let me mention that £34 would feed an East Lothian village for several weeks.

    :o)

    Lovely pics of the set-up for the tank action - I'd love to see one of these games in action. Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be too embarrassed to admit my maximum bid Tony, but it was one of those rare 'Must have it' moments, as you can see it compliments my models just perfectly. I have felt slightly guilty ever since though!

      Delete
  3. You should really be doing WW1 Russians, 'Lee. There'd be no disputin' with your Rasputin.

    Superb, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much Lee. They are just delightful. You've really managed to capture the flavour of the icons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's something quite Christmassy about these (the priests not the Jagpanthers). Great looking table!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Ian, they are quite festive come to think about it.

      Delete
  6. Like your Christmasy jagpanthers,those Russian priest types have come out really well and that's the problem with auctions!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  7. Iain, As I'm currently in 'getting things done' mode could you please resend me your address? I know it's buried in my emails but I can't find it!! Thanks,
    Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those Jagdpanzers look smashing Lee and that table.... Wow! Would love to play on that set up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dai, the table set up is something I have wanted to be able to do for years.

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment, it will be published as soon as I have read it in order to avoid spam.